You see time and time again, “Make money here!”, “Click and get paid!”, “Make x amount of dollars in 10 days with these easy steps!”
We’re all familiar, probably more than we would like. Finding ways to make money online just seems hopeless.
I know because I’ve gone through the struggle, researching countless previews, searching reviews, joining threads all just trying to find a legitimate way to make money online.
There had to be some way! I mean all these paid programs and services out there, they had to be making money, right? So just how am I going to do it?
Well fast forward a couple years, with many good and BAD decisions later I have learned what it really means to make money online and what it takes.
First off you won’t get rich over night, with the occasional exception of a product launch that earns millions over night, but they didn’t get there in one day.
It probably took them years of hard work and dedication to get the results they did, so yes it is possible, but it’s not going to happen over night, and certainly won’t be earned easily.
But if you’re serious about making money online, and willing to put in the work now for a brighter tomorrow, lets get into this.
Here’s Some Real Ways To Make Money Online
This is a list of what I’ve found to work over my journey to making a living online.
I’ve seen and experienced the stress that scams can bring, and the more people I can prevent from experiencing this the better.
Leading me to creating this list here, so you can get started online on the right foot.
I’m not going to be showing you how to spot an online scam, instead I’m going to giving you a list of legitimate ways to make money online.
Like I said earlier, they won’t be easy, and they will take work, but if you’re looking for the freedom that comes with working online then the effort put in now is far worth the results you’ll get later.
NOTE: Some of these listings are real jobs, yea… the resume and everything. So treat it no less then you would with a physical job, be professional, be courteous, and most importantly offer quality service.
Starting it off and getting it out of the way are some online jobs, they have been accredited by thousands and are paying websites.
They can vary from survey taking, to website reviewing, shopping, to product testing, the options really are wide, but some are worth more than others.
I’ll leave out the ones not worth pursuing and only list ones that can be worth your time if you decide to go in this direction.
Now these sites won’t make you rich, but they do offer a little “side income” for those that need it.
Find the list below:
- My Survey- My Survey is probably one of the more well known survey sites out there, they have a credible reputation and the user database to back it up. Where they separate themselves from the competition is, unlike them they let you know what’s going to pay out the best and the soonest. This is great, but it does come with a down side…They sell out quickly, so if you really want to make some decent cash with this you’re going to have to have stay on top of new offers.
- Swagbucks– Swagbucks is known for its variety, unlike most sites sticking to one form of work, you can make money from doing things such as taking surveys, and searching the web using their search engine.
- User Testing- User testing is another great way to make some little side income, usually paying about $10 a pop for testing websites. Website owners are willing to pay to see how users navigate their site, they get insight by watching a user’s experience and you get paid for navigating the site. The tests usually take anywhere from 15 – 20 minutes, so for the amount of time you’re putting in, the payout isn’t that bad.
- Fiverr– Fiverr is a popular online service provider offering services for things such as logo design, graphic design, and video production. Everything is $5 and referred to as “gigs”, you have free range on what services you want to offer if it’s art, design, or even hourly services, just adjust your rates accordingly. So if you want to charge $10 an hour just simply put your listing at $5 per 30 minutes.
Now this is something that’s either going to be for you or it isn’t. Blogging can be a great way to make some passive income online with a fairly low cost to maintain and start up.
You just need a domain and a hosting platform and you can be up and running. Where the money is at, is your following.
Of course we all here about some bloggers making $100,000’s a month from their blogs but they’re followings are MASSIVE!
Now just because you have a massive following doesn’t mean the money is just going to come rolling in, if you’re not monetizing your site then you’re just wasting your time.
With blogging there is a variety of different ways you can monetize, you could try:
- Advertising- Probably one of the oldest forms of monetizing a site but still effective, you can advertise using Google AdSense and banners in your site. They’re free to use but don’t expect to see any serious money to come through until you’re views are up in the several thousands every month.
- Affiliate links- These are links provided by companies to promote their product or service through their affiliate programs. You just simply input a link or banner into your site and every time someone clicks the link and makes a purchase you get a percentage of the sale. Of course when doing this for your blog you want to stay on topic, if you have a blog about pet care you wouldn’t want to be promoting gaming headsets, just stay within your niche. I covered a little more on the topic about affiliate programs and how they work here- How to make money online with an affiliate program.
- Create a product- You can even go to the lengths of creating an e-book for your readers, or a product you think will benefit them. This can range anywhere from e-books to custom merchandise, what you do with it is up to you.
- Memberships- Another popular way of earning some residual income with a blog is offering a membership section on your site. You can charge a monthly rate for your members that give them access to some exclusive content or “perks” that wouldn’t be available to non-members.
- Services- Maybe you have a skill set that you think some people are willing to pay for, you can create an online service that uses your skill set to help a client get what they desire. You can use your blog as your advertising platform and promote your services on the web.
Now this is something that everyone is trying to get in on, the age of online retail. With the internet growing at an astounding rate the opportunities to sell online are more alive then ever!
You can sell anything from private labeled items using your own brand, stuff you just don’t want anymore, or an original piece made by you.
I’ll be going over some ways you can get in on your slice of the pie and start selling online.
- Amazon FBA- Now this is something I am VERY familiar with, and can be very beneficial if you’re familiar with selling online. It stand for “Fulfillment By Amazon” and it’s essentially you buying inventory and sending it to Amazon to store. Once a purchase is made Amazon packages, and ships the item to the customer, they take a cut of the sale and send you the rest of the profits. It’s essentially owning a physical products business without having to handle your own inventory.
- Craigslist- Craigslist can be a great way to sell off some things you don’t want or maybe you think are too bulky or fragile to ship. It’s easy to create a listing and usually has a pretty good turnover. Of course this doesn’t give you the security of selling online, but it does have its benefits. You can even use Craigslist to find great deals and buy an item at a low price and turn around and sell it for a profit.
- Etsy- If you’re the creative type and enjoy making arts and crafts Etsy could be a great place to showcase and start selling your creations. It’s free to sign up and they’re easy to use selling platform make it easier than ever to start selling, just snap a picture and start selling.
You don’t have to be an English major to take up Freelance Writing, if you have basic writing skills and can follow a format you’ll do just fine.
If you’re someone who enjoys writing this can be a great way to make a living, and the more you write, the better you get!
When you first start off don’t be expecting the big bucks just yet, high paying clients aren’t going to higher an unknown writer so you’re going to have to build up your portfolio first.
I mean you wouldn’t take your car to a mechanic you’ve never heard of, you’ll take it to the one who has a solid reputation, right? The same applies to freelance writing and the clients.
The client is the car owner and you’re the mechanic.
You just have to offer great service starting off, you might not start off restoring classics, you may be changing a tire here and there but the better service you provide in the beginning, the bigger your portfolio will get, and the bigger jobs will start coming in.
They want someone with a credible reputation and the portfolio to back it up.
A great place to start establishing that reputation is Upwork, they might not offer thousand dollar payouts, but they’re a great place for writers looking to start building their portfolios.
If you couldn’t find something that really interests you or maybe working online isn’t really what you thought it was cut out to be.
Here’s some other online and offline business models, ideas, and tips that would be worth taking a look at:
Here’s some extra little knowledge that could benefit some of you still wet behind the ears when it comes to business.
Before You Go…
Hopefully I opened your eyes on what’s really out there, I’ve only covered a FRACTION of whats really out there so don’t be bummed if you felt none of these were a match.
If you’re having trouble finding your direction and can’t seem to find anything that fits, feel free to drop a message below and I’ll see what I can do for you:)
Being the premise of why I created brokecollegesolutions.com was to help those looking to ditch that 9 – 5 and start living life for themselves. The world needs more entrepreneurs and I’m willing to help you get there.
If you wanna know more about me just click that little link to the left there and you can read up on how I got started and how I got there.
Until next time,
P.S. We have a serious Taco Bell addiction and the affiliate links on our site lets us order off the dollar menu. Thanks for your support!